Process Technology Manager
Location: Mocksville, NC
Date added: 30/11/16
Closing date: 01/01/16
- Full Time
At Avgol Nonwovens we are actively looking for high caliber talent to fulfill the following opportunity.
Process Technology Manager
Hours: Mon-Friday 8am-5pm (On-Call)
Manages technology team at the Mocksville site to support the plant-wide first run yield, polypropylene usage, quality and overall equipment efficiency goals. Also responsible for sample run support on site and special projects as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities
Examples of typical tasks and duties include:
- Lead projects to drive improvements in ongoing production related to:
- Production Capacity
- First Run Yield (Internal Quality)
- Downgrade level
- Waste Generation
- Polypropylene Usage
- Overall Equipment Efficiency
- Technical training & people development for the technology team
- Balance time between the manufacturing floor and leadership activities to optimize the performance of the technology team and the plant overall
- Lead efforts on product/process validation for the Mocksville site.
- Manage product recipes and process parameters to ensure consistent machine-to-machine production and quality.
- Drive improved process capability performance through the implementation of SPC at the Mocksville site.
- Assist Plant General Manager in delivering objectives related to process performance
- As with all Avgol employees ensure all work is done consistently with safety requirements.
- Work according to the behavioral expectations of Avgol
- 4-year technical degree
- BS/MS in a technical field such as engineering, chemistry
- 10 years manufacturing experience in process engineering
- Experience in process engineering in nonwovens manufacturing, spun-lace, fiber, filament and yarn manufacturing
- At least 3 years of managerial experience – must
- Computer Skills: Microsoft, SAP
- Problem solving/troubleshooting
- Effective communication at all levels in the company
- Process engineering & control
- Lead a team of process engineers/technicians
- Experience with spunbond and SMS
- Experience with Bico spunbond
- Six Sigma Green/Black Belt
- Experience with Minitab and Quality Window SPC software.
- Experience working with customers such as P&G, KC, SCA
- Experience working in GMP environment
- May require duties outside of the normal working hours, including international travel in support of other global locations.
- May have to travel, estimated at 10%
- If the job requires a person to work in special working conditions this should be stated in the job description. Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging clients, and so forth.
- No special physical requirements
- If the job is physically demanding, this should be stated in the job description. A physically demanding job is one where the incumbent is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects on a regular basis, do repetitive tasks with few breaks, and so forth.
- Process Technicians (4)
- Process Engineers (3)
Our goal at Avgol Nonwovens is to build talent and provide our employees the opportunity and support for a successful professional life. We believe we are catalysts to change, changing business, changing lives and we pride ourselves on this principle.
Avgol Nonwovens is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, Avgol Nonwovens is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Find out more
To find out more about careers at Avgol please contact Avgol Human Resources:
Tel: +972 3 906 1555