Global Quality Engineer
Date added: 6 August 2019
Closing date: 20 August 2019
Supports quality compliance and improvement activities globally. May on an interim basis act as Plant Quality Manager or VP Global Safety & Quality during their absence and for developmental purposes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead global projects related to identification and deployment of global best practices including training and auditing
- Coordinate global quality systems activities such as lab testing comparisons
- Perform external supplier assessments, including third party warehouses
- Take lead on global system requirements such as document control, global standards development
- Learn and support software related needs of the QA and lab teams including with: SAP, Quality Windows, QlikView, Minitab, etc.
- Lead, support and/or teach problems solving and root cause analysis.
- Conduct in depth statistical analysis, and have the ability to teach rudimentary statistics
- Audit and teach auditing to a variety of standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 and customer specific requirements
- Fill in for VP Global Safety & Quality as needed in his/her absence
- Assist Plant Quality Managers in assuring all customer, and legal requirements are being complied with and controlled.
- Travel to the countries where Avgol, it’s customers and suppliers operate. This includes the ability to acquire Visa’s for some countries. Trip typically 5-7 days, 4-8 times a year.
- The position is located in the Avgol factory in Mocksville, NC.
- 4 year technical degree
- 4 years quality function experience in manufacturing
- Skills: basic software, statistics, problem solving, communications, quality systems
- BS/MS in a technical field such as engineering, chemistry
- 7 years manufacturing experience in quality assurance, including having worked as a plant quality manager
- Six Sigma Black Belt, ASQ CQE/CQM or CQA
- Experience working with customers such as P&G, KC, Essity
- Experience working in GMP environment
- Experience with nonwovens, preferably SB, SMS, BICO
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Avgol™ was established in 1953 and is a global leader in the manufacture of market leading non-woven fabric solutions, supplying 33 countries worldwide from our manufacturing sites in Israel, United States, China and Russia.
We focus on the global hygiene market delivering non-woven fabric innovation to the baby diaper, adult incontinence and feminine hygiene product manufacturers and brands, as well as a number of medical and industrial applications.
We are committed to serve our customers so they can stay one step ahead when producing high quality hygiene products for their markets.
Our customers expect uncompromising quality, innovation and reliability and we make sure they get no less.
Please complete the form below to apply for this position: